Rozeena attained her primary medical qualification (MBChB) at Otago Medical School, New Zealand in 1996. She undertook elective attachments in Ireland, Scotland and Canada in her final years as a medical student. She commenced her Obstetrics & Gynaecology training at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney, completing her fellowship at Auckland Hospital in New Zealand. As a senior registrar she undertook training in high risk obstetrics and advanced laparoscopic surgery. After attaining fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG), Dr Musa was appointed a Consultant at Auckland hospital. She was later appointed a Staff Specialist at the Mater Hospital in South Brisbane. Her vast experience and diversity of training benefits her patients.
Dr Musa is an experienced Gynaecological Surgeon and has expertise in management of abnormal pap smear, pelvic pain, menstrual irregularities, prolapse and infertility. Gynaecological issues are often ignored and downplayed although it significantly affects one’s quality of life. Left untreated, some conditions can lead to more serious illnesses. Usually there are simple, effective remedies readily available. After a detailed assessment Dr Musa will discuss available options be it behavioural, medical or surgical.
Dr Musa has now joined City Fertility group and provides a full range of IVF care. She can also be consulted for preconception counselling and recurrent miscarriage management.
Repeat referrals is a testament of her commitment to excellent clinical care and patient satisfaction.
Dr Musa continues to pursue professional development opportunities and presents Seminars and Workshops to family doctors and Emergency practitioners. She has been appointed Senior Lecturer at University of Queensland and participates on the board of examiners.
Outside of her busy work schedule Rozeena enjoys travelling, relaxing at the movies and spending time with her family.
Dr Musa works in partnership with specialists doctors at Greenslopes Private Hospital . The patient management protocols are based on those prescribed by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). The practice Doctors comply with all registration requirements of the RANZCOG, one of which is medical indemnity (insurance) which contributes to the fees attached to our service.
On Call Arrangement
Our on-call arrangements ensure Dr Musa is able to provide highest quality patient care. Dr Musa covers on call for her patients Monday to Friday and if she is otherwise committed, she will organize someone from her group practice to cover. There is a weekend on call arrangement with practice group . To access whose on call use linkhttp://www.gsog.com.au/on-call/ or log on to our Greenslopes obstetrics and Gynaecology facebook page. These on-call arrangements have been undertaken to reduce the risk of medical errors and to maintain patient safety.
We all need break away from work. You can ring our rooms at 1300 464 464 to book in to see a covering doctor if its urgent and cannot wait until Dr Musa’s return. Of course in an emergency please present to your nearest A & E department. Please note if presenting to a private A & E department there will be additional out of pocket costs not covered by your health fund.
- Fellow of Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG), December 2009
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, 1997
- Specialist Gynaecologist at Greenslopes Private Hospital , Sunnybank Private Hospital and Mater Private .
- Fertility specialist with City Fertility Group .
- Senior Lecturer, Medical Student Educator at Greenslopes Hospital in association with University of Queensland.
Continued Professional Development
Dr Musa regularly attends seminars, meetings, conferences and workshops related in a variety of topics .Some of the significant attendance are listed below:
- Endometriosis conference, Osaka Japan 2016
- Facilitator of Greenslopes Hospital Journal club
- Australian diabetic in pregnancy ADIPS conference 2016
- Paediatric Adolescent Gynaecology Workshop 2015
- Royal College of Obstetric & Gynaecology Conference 2015
- Master Class in Endometriosis (Prof Alan Lam ) Sydney ,Australia 2011
- Colposcopy Workshop June 2011/2015
- Menopause Conference ,Brisbane August 2011
- Teaching on the Run Workshop ,Brisbane 2011
- Laproscopic – Bad Endometriosis Workshop, Brisbane 2010
- Mastering Adverse Outcomes Workshop, Auckland 2010
- Mastering Your Risk Workshop, Auckland 2010
- Sydney Western Endoscopic Centre Laproscopic Workshop, 2010
- Urogynaecology Day, Adelaide 2010
- Anatomy of Complications course, Perth WA (2009)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support course, Auckland (2009)
- Fetal surveillance refresher course (2009)
- Advanced Life-support in Obstetrics (ALSO) course (2004)
- Completion of “Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis by dissection” course (2003)
- Certificate in Emergency Management of Severe Trauma (2000)
- “Best for women congress” conference, Sydney (2003)
- Attendance of the combined Obstetrics/Neonatal conference, Sydney (2002)
Fees differ depending on the type of gynaecological services you require. The average out of pocket fee for a initial consult is 70-80 dollars and for follow up appointments out of pocket is between 30-40 dollars . Returning patients, pensioners are usually given a 10-20% discount of the initial consult fee.
Private health Fund-Insured Patients
The fee gap depends on your insurer and the level of cover. Other health professionals such as anaesthetists who are involved with the case may also charge a gap. There may also be excess on your policy for a hospital stay.
All fertility patients are recommended to bring a referral for both couples to claim Medicare benefits . Ideally Dr Musa prefers to see partners at the time of initial consult but understands this may not always be possible .
A separate fee schedule is provided if we need to start IVF and also costs associated with the City Fertilty lab can be requested by organizing a complementary nurse interview with the city fertility nurse on 1300 483 784.
All services have a Medicare rebate element that cover a portion of the full fee. There would also be fees applicable for a hospital stay, anaesthetic services (if required). Quotations for these can be arranged.
We accept cash, credit card and Eftpos. We have facilities on site for online Medicare claiming.