Rozeena attained her primary medical qualification (MBChB) at Otago Medical School, New Zealand in 1996. She undertook elective attachments in Ireland, Scotland and Canada in her final years as a medical student. She commenced her Obstetrics & Gynaecology training at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney, completing her fellowship at Auckland Hospital in New Zealand. As a senior registrar she undertook training in high risk obstetrics and advanced laparoscopic surgery. After attaining fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG), Dr Musa was appointed a Consultant at Auckland hospital. She was later appointed a Staff Specialist at the Mater Hospital in South Brisbane. Her vast experience and diversity of training benefits her patients.
Dr Musa is an experienced Gynaecological Surgeon and has expertise in management of abnormal pap smear, pelvic pain, menstrual irregularities, prolapse and infertility. Gynaecological issues are often ignored and downplayed although it significantly affects one’s quality of life. Left untreated, some conditions can lead to more serious illnesses. Usually there are simple, effective remedies readily available. After a detailed assessment Dr Musa will discuss available options be it behavioural, medical or surgical.
Dr Musa has now joined City Fertility group and provides a full range of IVF care. She can also be consulted for preconception counselling and recurrent miscarriage management.
Repeat referrals is a testament of her commitment to excellent clinical care and patient satisfaction.
Dr Musa continues to pursue professional development opportunities and presents Seminars and Workshops to family doctors and Emergency practitioners. She has been appointed Senior Lecturer at University of Queensland and participates on the board of examiners.
Outside of her busy work schedule Rozeena enjoys travelling, relaxing at the movies and spending time with her family.
Dr Musa works in partnership with specialists doctors at Greenslopes Private Hospital . The patient management protocols are based on those prescribed by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG). The practice Doctors comply with all registration requirements of the RANZCOG, one of which is medical indemnity (insurance) which contributes to the fees attached to our service.
On Call Arrangement
Our on-call arrangements ensure Dr Musa is able to provide highest quality patient care. Dr Musa covers on call for her patients Monday to Friday and if she is otherwise committed, she will organize someone from her group practice to cover. There is a weekend on call arrangement with practice group . To access whose on call use linkhttp://www.gsog.com.au/on-call/ or log on to our Greenslopes obstetrics and Gynaecology facebook page. These on-call arrangements have been undertaken to reduce the risk of medical errors and to maintain patient safety.
We all need break away from work. You can ring our rooms at 1300 464 464 to book in to see a covering doctor if its urgent and cannot wait until Dr Musa’s return. Of course in an emergency please present to your nearest A & E department. Please note if presenting to a private A & E department there will be additional out of pocket costs not covered by your health fund.
Senior Lecturer – School of Medicine – Faculty of Health Sciences,University Of Queensland
Most Recent Hospital Appointment
Full time Staff Specialist at the Mater Mothers Hospital, with the following responsibilities:
- Team Leader for High Risk & General Obstetrics & Gynae Team
- Clinical Leader – Preconception Care Clinic
- General gynaecology, Perineal repair clinic
- High Risk Obstetrics clinic
- Refugee and Torrens & Strait Island clinic
- Alcohol and drug dependence clinic
- Management of routine and emergecy cases in the delivery suite
- Colposcopy and early pregnancy and assessment clinic
- Performing and teaching Major Gynaecological Surgery
- Performing up to L4 Laproscopic surgery
Continued Professional Development
- Sings and roundabout _ Prolapse and incontinence management update, 2013
- Master Class in Endometriosis (Prof Alan Lam )Sydney , 2011
- Colposcopy Workshop,Goldcoast , June 2011
- Teaching on the Run Workshop ,Brisbane 2011
- Laproscopic – Bad Endometriosis Workshop, Brisbane 2010
- Mastering Adverse Outcomes Workshop, Auckland 2010
- Mastering Your Risk Workshop, Auckland 2010
- Syd Western Endoscopic Centre Laproscopic Workshop, 2010
- Urogynaecology Day, Adelaide 2010
- Anatomy of Complications course, Perth WA (2009)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support course, Auckland (2009)
- Fetal surveillance refresher course,New Zealand (2009)
- Amniocentesis day,New Zealand (2008)
- Advanced Life-support in Obstetrics (ALSO) course (2004)
- Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis by dissection Sydney (2003)
- Trauma Ultrasound Workshop,Sydney (2000)
- Emergency Management of SevereTrauma, Sydney (2000)
- Annual Queensland Scientific meeting ,2014
- Symposium For Gynaecological cancer, 2014
- IUGA conference, Brisbane 2012
- AGES conference, Melbourne 2011
- Menopause Conference, Brisbane August 2011
- AGES 2009, Sydney , 2010
- ASM, Adelaide 2010
- NZ Gynae Club (Presented) Cook Islands 2010
- ASM /AOFOG Auckland (2009)
- MFM Cardiac day, NewZealand (2008)
- ASM Auckland (2004)
- “Best for women congress” conference, Sydney (2003)
- Combined Obstetrics/Neonatal conference, Sydney (2002)
Fees differ depending on the type of gynaecological services you require. The average out of pocket fee for a initial consult is 70-80 dollars and for follow up appointments out of pocket is between 30-40 dollars . Returning patients, pensioners are usually given a 10-20% discount of the initial consult fee.
Private health Fund-Insured Patients
The fee gap depends on your insurer and the level of cover. Other health professionals such as anaesthetists who are involved with the case may also charge a gap. There may also be excess on your policy for a hospital stay.
All fertility patients are recommended to bring a referral for both couples to claim Medicare benefits . Ideally Dr Musa prefers to see partners at the time of initial consult but understands this may not always be possible .
A separate fee schedule is provided if we need to start IVF and also costs associated with the City Fertilty lab can be requested by organizing a complementary nurse interview with the city fertility nurse on 1300 483 784.
All services have a Medicare rebate element that cover a portion of the full fee. There would also be fees applicable for a hospital stay, anaesthetic services (if required). Quotations for these can be arranged.
We accept cash, credit card and Eftpos. We have facilities on site for online Medicare claiming.